The Quick Facts about Rhinoplasty
Length of Rhinoplasty Procedure: 1-3hrs
Anesthesia: Local or General
In or Outpatient Procedure: Outpatient
Rhinoplasty, sometimes referred to as a "nose job" or "nose reshaping" by patients, enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose, this being called a septorhinoplasty. It also can be something used to remove a dorsal hump on the nose, reshape the tip, etc.
What Rhinoplasty Can Treat
• Nose size in relation to facial balance
• Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
• Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
• Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
• Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
• Nasal asymmetry
If you desire a more symmetrical nose, keep in mind that everyone's face is asymmetric to some degree. Results may not be completely symmetric, although the goal is to create facial balance and correct proportion.
Septorhinoplasty to Correct a Deviated Septum
Nose surgery that's done to improve an obstructed airway requires careful evaluation of the nasal structure as it relates to airflow and breathing.
Correction of a deviated septum, one of the most common causes of breathing impairment, is achieved by adjusting the nasal structure to produce better alignment.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
• Balanced Facial Features: As the face’s central feature, the nose can determine the overall balance of the rest of the facial features. When the nose is sculpted to a more flattering size or shape, the rest of your facial features will come together in an aesthetically pleasing way.
• Improved Breathing and Sinus Health: Patients who have structural defects within the nose often suffer from long-standing sinus issues, including difficulty breathing, headaches or recurrent sinus infections. With corrective nose surgery, patients can look forward to significant improvement in nose function.
• Restore Confidence: Treatment can not only create attractive harmony between facial features, but it can also help boost self-confidence. Even with subtle reshaping, patients typically feel much more comfortable knowing that they are in control of the impression they make on the world – not their nose.
For additional information, visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
for this procedure.
* Disclaimer: Individual results may vary and specific results are not guaranteed.