Smartlipo Post Procedure Instructions
- At the end of the procedure lots of gauze will be placed over the incisions to absorb drainage. For the first 12-24 hours lots of drainage will ooze and occasionally pour from the purposely left open incisions so donâ€™t be alarmed! The more drainage that comes out the better so that you have less swelling and bruising. Maxi pads work very well instead of expensive surgical gauze.
- A binder or garment will be placed to provide firm and even compression over the treated areas. It should be worn preferably 24 hours a day for the first week then at least 12 hours per day for the next month. In general the more and longer they are worn the better. If you need to buy new garments, you can purchase them through the website of Medico International Inc.
- After 12 hours you may shower. You may swim or take a bath after the drainage has stopped coming through the incisions.
- Usually Tylenol, Motrin, or Aleve is all that is necessary for pain. If you were given narcotic pain medicine, supplementation with these can give added pain control. If you were given antibiotics take them as prescribed.
- Resuming your usual daily routine is encouraged immediately including light exercise. Strenuous exercise is okay in a week or so.
- If you get a bruise it usually goes away in about 10 days. You can try Arnica Montana oral herbal supplements to try to hasten its resolution. Sometimes the bruises can appear in areas remote from the procedure site.
- Swelling is normal after any liposuction procedure. Often times swelling temporarily replaces the removed fat making it appear that nothing was done. Swelling is usually cyclical being least in the morning and most in the evening. By one month the majority of it is gone and at four months the final result is complete.*
* Disclaimer: Individual results may vary and specific results are not guaranteed.